2015 ICR CONFERENCE BIDS
ICR's biannual conference is a huge event that members look forward to. Whilst many attend, there are others who hope they can attend. Attendance depends on many aspects and factors such as:
- Where will the event take place
- What are the dates and how do these effect each individual's schedule
- How much will it cost
- Who are the speakers and presenters
- What food will be offered
- How much traveling is involved in getting there
- How much will it cost
- HOW MUCH WILL IT COST!
- HOW MUCH WILL IT COST!!
As an ICR member, you have the opportunity to take part in this vital planning.
By submitting a bid; or multiple bids
What is a bid?
A bid is a formal invitation to join the International Council of Reflexology in searching for the best opportunites to host our international conference.
What is required?
The following are basic factors that need to be considered and quotes obtained that collectively will form the bid to be submitted to ICR:
Country where the conference will be held:
- This needs to be where international flights are easily accessible.
- There need to be ICR members that are willing to work with their ICR Board with liaison and preparation matters
- The country needs to be relatively safe - warzone and uprising free. Delegates wellbeing and safety is a major priority
- The foreign exchange rate needs to be relevant to expediture and where possible, in favor of the delegates
Hotels in host country need to offer the best value for the money on some of the following factors:
- Accommodation rate per night
- Do they charge per person or per room as countries do vary on this policy
- How accessible is the hotal from the international airport
- Does the hotel offer transportation from the airport to the hotel / hotel to airport
- If they don't offer transportation, how available and cost effective is private or public transportation as an option
- What meals are included with the accommodation e.g. breakfast - is it continental or full breakfast. Is it complementary or not
- Price of meals for the conference which would include lunches - menus and prices are required
- Teas, coffee and snacks for tea/coffee breaks - menus and prices to select from are required
- Dinner (which delegates would pay) but are they reasonable in variety and price
- Where would all these meals be served - Are the facilities favorable and can they manage to cater for crowds
- GALA DINNER
- Gala Dinner menus and prices
- Gala entertainment - suggestions of what is available at what prices
- CONFERENCE FACILITES
- Venue available plus seating arrangements
- Breakout / workshop rooms - how many are available. Are they included in the conference facilities or are they extra charges
- What sound systems, visual projectors, screen, lecture aids etc are available for the conference as well as breakout / workshop rooms; and at what costs
- VENDOR FACILITES - these need to be favorable and enticing to vendors
- Vendor room/s - how many vendors could be facilitated
- Space / size that be offered to vendors
- Cost per vendro
- ICR ASSISTANCE
- Are members available to assist ICR in many more tasks that need to be prepared and performed in preparation of the conference event
The above are merely a basic outline to work from but it is sufficient to assist in making the correct choice for the next conference that will offer members and delegates the best possible venue and prices.
I sincerely hope you will participate by submitting bids for your country
On behalf of the ICR Board
Cecilia Salvesen (Vice President)